About Macaroni Kid Camarillo - Ventura - Oxnard Edition
Macaroni Kid Camarillo-Oxnard-Ventura started in June 2010. Since then Macaroni Kid Headquarters has added some really great features and other editions to the Macaroni Kid family and I thought I would highlight all the wonderful ways you can utilize your Macaroni Kid subscription.
Here are some things to know about your weekly newsletter and the website:
- Table of Contents: The white bar on the left side of the page is the "Table of Contents" for this week's edition. You can jump to any of the articles or event sections by clicking there and you will remain in the current week's edition.
- Past Issues: If you would like to look back at previous editions, scroll down a bit until you see "Past Camarillo-Oxnard-Ventura News" in the side bar on the left. You will go to a list of dates and you can choose which newsletter to look at. Click the Macaroni Kid logo at the top of the site to come back to the current newsletter home page.
- My Macaroni: The pink "My Macaroni" button that appears above the Table of Contents list is my favorite feature! You can click the plus sign (Add to My Macaroni) under any event listing and after you've selected all of the events that you are interested in, you can click the "My Macaroni" button and it will show your list. Then you can download everything to a pdf that you can save and/or print to take with you!!
- + Google Button: Macaroni Kid is pleased to announce the latest feature to our website—Add to Google Calendar! To use the new feature, browse the calendar for your local Macaroni Kid edition and when you see an event that you would like to attend, click the “+ Google Calendar” button, which will take you to the event in Google Calendar. There you can choose to save the event on your calendar or click discard to close it. You can use all the features of Google Calendar to manage your events, from color coding to adding reminders. You can even add guests to the event to help coordinate playdates!
- Calendar: The "Calendar" feature will allow you to see the whole month at a glance to see how you may want to plan ahead for events. You can click on "View More" on any specific date and you'll see a more detailed list of that day's events. In addition the calendar lists recurring storytimes, swim times and other recurring activities not found in the newsletter.
- Business Directory: The Biz Directory is the "Yellow Pages" for local families! Some even offer specials for Macaroni Kid readers! Businesses listed are either subscribers or are site sponsors and businesses listed are only in the Camarillo-Oxnard-Ventura areas. In addition you will even find a section on Classes and Homework Centers in the Business Directory section. To get your business listed for FREE click HERE.
- Sponsors: Please support our sponsors. Sponsors make it possible for me to offer this free service to you. Each local ad is approved and added to the page by me, so I can assure you that they are safe to click through. Likewise, all national ads are approved by the home office. Of course any transactions between you and the advertiser are the responsibility of the two parties involved and not myself or Macaroni Kid. If you would like to sponsor Macaroni Kid Camarillo-Ventura-Oxnard, click HERE.
- Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest: Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest for the in-between newsletter news. We often post spur of the moment contests, announcements, great things we find, etc., on Facebook and Twitter and don't want you to miss out.
- Birthday Club: Sign your child up for our birthday club. You get a happy Birthday mention in the welcome letter in the newsletter and also get a fun Macaroni Kid birthday card emailed to your child. Click HERE to sign up.
- Feedback: Comment on things you like or send me an EMAIL by replying to the newsletter so I know what kinds of things you like to read about and see in the newsletter and events! If you have any suggestions for articles or events or even sponsors, please let me know! Your feedback makes us better and we want to be the best!
- Share with Others: Share Macaroni Kid with your friends! What parent isn't looking for ideas to keep the kids busy? Don't keep this to yourself! Plus, the bigger we get, the more features we can add - this means more giveaways, more parties and more everything!! In your weekly email at the bottom of the page is an easy way to send to a friend! You can also share our Facebook posts on your own wall to spread the love as well! We love when you share!
- Submit an Event: Use the "Submit an Event" button that you'll find on the upper left-hand side right above the Table of Contents to send us the info on an event in our area! Free local kid/family-friendly events will be included at our discretion.
- Read More: If you click on the "Read More" below any article in the email newsletter or on the website the whole article will be visible.
- Teens: Macaroni Kid isn't just for the younger crowd! We search for events going on in the area just for them! You can find them in the "Teen Scene" in the Table of Contents. Keep those teens busy too! We also keep on the lookout for articles that pertain to teens to share with parents as well.
- Military: The newsletter at the end has a specific section geared to local Pt Mugu and Pt Hueneme families. You can find out what is happening and it has links to teen events and calendars and MWR movies.
- Giveaways: Macaroni Kid Camarillo-Oxnard-Ventura is always trying to bring you great giveaways! Not only are they fun, it's great to get something for free! You must be a subscriber and 18+ to enter and win in our giveaways! If you would like to sponsor a giveaway please EMAIL me.
- Become a Sponsor: Advertise with us and reach your targeted audience -- local moms!! We can customize any advertisement package to work with your needs and your budget. Send me an EMAIL and let's talk! Our sponsors are what allow us to provide this awesome free resource for parents! If you would like to sponsor Macaroni Kid Camarillo-Ventura-Oxnard, click HERE.
- What's at the End? More good stuff are at the end of the newsletter and website. You will find Macaroni Military articles, Macaroni Food, Macaroni Tech, Macaroni Movies, Macaroni Reading and Macaroni Cares type of articles. Due to the large number of events in our area, the newsletter may be clipped short in your email. Click through to the website to see all of the great events and our entire content!
- Traveling? If you are away on business, vacation or visiting friends in another city, make use of our Macaroni Kid sites throughout the country to see what is there is to do! We have over 500 , including Canada and even the North Pole! Simply go to www.macaronikid.com and choose the state you will be in and the drop down will show all the choices you have!
- National Newsletter Options: There are several national newsletters available (Family Travel, National Newsletter, Macaroni Kid Eats, Military Families, Safety Announcements, Family Fitness, etc.) and you can change your subscription preferences anytime by re-entering your information in the subscribe form, as long as you use the same email address as the original subscription. (If you need to change the newsletter subscriptions AND email address, you can reply to the newsletter for each one.) If I entered your information for you, you are only subscribed to the local newsletter and you are invited to subscribe to any of the other national newsletters available. But one thing to remember is that these newsletters are published by other publishers and are not related to me or this local edition. In addition once you subscribe to one of these national issues, you may get some sponsored emails from time to time, from businesses wanting to reach families.
- Change of Email: If you ever need to change your email address, simply hit reply on any newsletter and send me your new email address and I will be happy to change it for you.
- And Finally: Questions, comments, just want to say hello contact me at [email protected].
Thank You so much for subscribing and I hope you enjoy the newsletter and website.
Click HERE to go back to the current newsletter
About Macaroni Kid
Macaroni Kid and its family of Publisher Moms are dedicated to delivering the scoop on all the family-friendly events and activities happening in their communities each week. Check out Macaroni Kid's list of communities and sign up to receive your free weekly newsletter.
It all started with two old friends sharing a good meal and a great bottle of wine. From that conversation, Macaroni Kid was born and we started publishing a weekly newsletter giving moms and dads the scoop on all the weekly events in their community. From there it's grown to hundreds of other communities across the Country.
We hope you enjoy it.
Joyce & Eric
© 2013 Macaroni Kid, LLC