September 16, 2012
- WELCOME FROM THE EDITOR
- THE OLD TOWN MUSICFEST IS THIS SATURDAY AT 3PM!
- THE 2012 OKTOBERFEST IS THIS WEEKEND IN CAMARILLO
- WIN 4 TICKETS EVERY WEEK IN SEPTEMBER
- KIDS WIN IN THE MUSICAL PLAYDATE COLORING CONTEST
- SAVE THE DATE FOR KIDFEST CAMARILLO
- LOCAL HIGH HOLIDAY SERVICES
- SEE BOB THE BUILDER IN ORANGE COUNTY
- UNIVERSAL HALLOWEEN HORROR NIGHTS STARTS SEPT 21
- BARNES AND NOBLE - MY FAVORITE TEACHER CONTEST
- This Week's Happening's
- This Week's Picks
- This Week's Calendar
- Teen Scene
- Plan Ahead
- MACARONI READS: PLEDGE TO READ TO YOUR FAMILY PET
- MACARONI SAFETY: INTRODUCING SAFETY TATS
- MACARONI SCIENCE: NASA ASTEROID NAMING CONTEST
- MACARONI NATURE: MAKE A PLAYDATE WITH NATURE
- MACARONI TECH: GAZZLISCIENCE
- MACARONI DAYS: ROSH HASHANA, THE JEWISH NEW YEAR
- MACARONI FUN N' GAMES: CELEBRATING THE BANANA
- DINE OUT THIS WEEK, SEPT 16-22 TO HELP END HUNGER
- FUNDRAISE FOR LOCAL SCHOOLS & GROUPS
- TEACHERS CORNER
- MACARONI MILITARY: LOCAL MILITARY ONLY EVENTS
- ADVERTISE WITH US!!
The winners of our Oktoberfest Giveway is:
Christa Y. of Camarillo
Carisa C. of Camarillo
The winner of our Circus Vargas Giveaway is:
Annick S. Her son's name was picked from the coloring contest.
The winner of this weeks Ventura Harvest Festival and Arts and Craft Show is:
Jacqueline H. of Oxnard
To enter this weeks giveaway click HERE
The winner of this weeks Musical Playdate are:
Blanca V. of Oxnard
Jose R. of Oxnard
To enter this weeks giveaway click HERE
This week we will pick two more families to go to The Musical Playdate and also a family to go to the
Ventura Harvest Festival and Arts and Craft Show . In addition we reviewed SafetyTats and have a giveaway as well.
HAPPY JEWISH NEW YEAR
Tonight starts the Jewish New Year also called Rosh Hashana, one of two holidays also called the High Holidays. We have an article on local locations and services through Chabad HERE and also have an article from Gan Camarillo Preschool about the traditions of the holiday HERE.
PRESCHOOL DIRECTORY - COMING SOON
In other news I have a new request to start a section in the Business Directory for Preschools. So if you are a school and are a subscriber please enter your info HERE, it is free. If you are not a preschool please tell your child's school. We only ask that the school's add our logo and link to their emails and website.
WE ARE COPYRIGHTED
Everything in this newsletter is copyrighted and if it was not written by Macaroni Kid Camarillo-Oxnard-Ventura it lists the byline of the author. We love having you share our info but please link to us as a source.
All event listings are copyrighted as written for this edition and if you want to share with friends please forward them the newsletter or go to the calendar and link to the event listing. The artwork included in some of the the listings are owned by the specific events, we are only using the artwork to help publicize the event for promotional purposes for the community.
If you want to list the information in our calendar listings in another publication, please write your own listing, request permission in EMAIL or credit "Macaroni Kid Camarillo-Oxnard-Ventura" as the source of the event listed with the phrase "as listed in Macaroni Kid Camarillo-Oxnard-Ventura".
Thank You and have a great week.
Bring The Whole Family To This Wonderful Event to Support Music Education in Camarillo
You can buy your tickets to the festival ONLINE or purchase student discount/group discount tickets locally around town at various city locations, found HERE. Tickets are $25.00 per person if purchased in advance, and $30.00 at the door. For ...
Get The Scoop on The 26th Annual Oktoberfest in Camarillo Sept 22 and 23
For the Ventura Harvest Festival® Original Art & Craft Show Oct 5-7
Want to go for FREE, Every week in September (September 24 and October 1st) we will be picking a lucky readers name to win 4 passes to the Show. To enter this weeks contests just click ...
Win Tickets To see The Musical Playdate With Caillou and The Doodlebops on September 29th in L.A.
To enter just color our "Caillou Coloring Contest Sheet" from now until Sunday, September 23rd at 8am. Download the coloring sheet and print it out for your kids, let them color, take a picture with your ...
A FREE Family Event on September 30th at the Camarillo Community Center Park
All your favorite businesses from Camarillo and the surounding areas will host exhibits and family fun where they will showcase their products and/or services to you. Kidfest takes place at the Camarillo Community Center and admission is FREE ...
To Celebrate the Jewish New Year
Chabad of Camarillo, Oxnard or Ventura would like to invite the community to attend High Holiday services that are open to all, offer traditional services as well as a family friendly service and kids programs. The services are informative and ...
At the Santa Ana Discovery Science Center, Now Thru Jan 6, 2013
Produced by The Children’s Museum of Indianapolis and inspired by HIT Entertainment’s popular television series, the Bob the Builder - Project: Build It exhibit is focused on bringing building themes to life for children and families ...
A Fun Event For Teens That Will Scare Them Silly - Not For Young Kids
For Students in Grades 1st Thru 12th
Teachers from grades 1 through 12 are eligible for nomination. Awards include cash prizes for the teachers and schools, NOOK Tablets and more. The contest is broken ...
One of the great features of this website and the newsletter is the Pink "My Macaroni" button on the left hand side of the site and the "+ Add My Macaroni" after each event listing. What this lets you do is add a specific event to a personal list which you can easily print out, by clicking on the pink button after you are done.
- Food Truck Fair - Wednesday Eve
- 5k/10k Run - Saturday 7am
- Parade - Saturday 7am
- Latin Music Fest - Friday Eve
- Blues Music Fest - Saturday Eve
- Texas Holdem - Saturday 3pm
- Car Show – Sunday
- Polynesian Village - Ongoing
- Carnival Rides-Ongoin
- Petting Zoo & Pony Rides-Ongoing
- Merchant Booths
- Live Music-Ongoing
- Food - Prizes - Awards - Games- Ongoing
Where: Rancho Simi Community Park, 1765 Royal Avenue (corner of Erringer and Royal).
Click HERE for a map of the eventWhen: Wed/Thurs: 5pm - 10pm/ Friday: 5pm - 11pm /Saturday: Noon -11pm/ Sunday: Noon - 9pmHow:Cost:
- General Admission $7
- Seniors and kids under 12 are $5
- Kids under 5 are free
- On Wednesday the 19th, The Simi Valley Fair and Music Festival (Simi Valley Days) will be kicking off!!! This year they want to kick it off with a BANG! On Wednesday only all rides are only $1 each!!!!
Where: Old Pleasant Valley School site in the heart of Camarillo’s historic Old Town.When: see descriptionWho: all agesHow: buy a ticketCost:
- General Admission/Festival seating - $25 in advance, $30 day of event.
- ACTIVE MILITARY – FREE general/festival admission with proper ID.
- Student Discount Price: $15 general/festival admission with proper ID.For more info: www.oldtownmusicfest.com
Saturday, September 22 through Sunday, September 23 - Rotary Club of Thousand Oaks Sunrise 26th Annual Oktoberfest
Where:Commemorative Air Force Museum, Camarillo Airport at 455 Aviation Drive, Camarillo, CA 93010When: 11 a.m. - 5 p.m./Saturday, 10 a.m. - 4 p.m./Sunday.How: buy a ticket at http://www.oktoberfest-rtos.orgCost: $10/adults, $5/kids 3 - 17, 2 and under/free. A $40 VIP admission includes all inclusive beer and wine tasting. Free parking.
- 2-Day Festival with more than 60 visual art exhibitors
- Continuous live performances
- Children's hands-on artistic and interactive art exhibits
- Wine Tasting at THE LAKES
- Thousand Oaks Civic Arts Plaza, 2100 Thousand Oaks Blvd
- The Lakes in Thousand OaksWhen: 10:00 AM - 5:00 PMWho: all agesHow: just show upCost: free admissionFor more info: www.toartsfestival.com
Saturday, September 22 - The Boys & Girls Clubs of Greater Oxnard and Port Hueneme's 7th Annual Day for Kids
Where: Martin V. Smith Youth Center, 1900 West 5th Street, OxnardWhen: 11:00 AM - 4:00 PMWho: all ages are welcomeHow: just show upCost: free admissionFor more info: The Club will be providing free new memberships and t-shirts for kids.
Monday, September 17 through Sunday, September 23 - Recycle Old Halloween Costume Fundraiser at the Camarillo YMCA
Where: Camarillo Family YMCAWhen: n/aWho: Open to the communityHow: Just bring your old costume and receive a voucherCost: Use your vouchers in October to purchase another costumeFor more info: [email protected]
- The Pacific View Mall is celebrating Fiestas Patrias with a carnival (9/13-9/17), El Grito on 9/15 and a full day of free family entertainment and so much more on 9/16!
- Activities include top-flight musical entertainment, vendor booths, food and carnival rides. We are kicking off the weekend entertainment with “El Grito” on Saturday evening.
- Carnival runs Thursday, September 13th through Monday, September 17th.
Where: Pacific View mall, Ventura. All activities will take place in the Community Plaza in front of the center facing Main St.When: 9/13 5pm-10pm, 9/14 4pm-10pm, 9/15 and 9/16 1pm to 10pm, 9/17 4pm-10pmWho: all agesHow: just show upCost: free admission
Where: Fairplex, 1101 W. McKinley Ave., Pomona 91768When: Closed Mondays and Tuesdays thru Sunday, September 30Who: all agesHow: Hours: Wednesdays noon-10 p.m/Thursdays noon-11 p.m/Fridays noon-midnight/Saturdays 10 a.m.-midnight/Sundays 10 a.m.-10 p.m.
- Enjoy free entertainment for children 10 and under every Wednesday at 11am at The Lakes at Thousand Oaks.
- OBEDIAH’S REALLY BIG SHOW - He is crazy and he is hilarious! You have to check out the comedy and juggling of this performer whom adults love as much as children! With Obediah, silliness always rules! His show includes juggling, music, a little magic, and a ton of laughs!
Where: The Lakes in Thousand OaksWhen: 11:00 AMWho: age 10 and underHow: just show upCost: freeFor more info: Click HERE for more information
Where: We are open in our new location at 3900 Bluefin Circle off Harbor Blvd, in Oxnard, California.When: 11:00 AM - 5:00 PMWho: all agesHow: just show upCost: free admission on 3rd Thursday of the monthFor more info: http://www.vcmm.org/?q=node/67
- September 20, 4pm - In a Dr. Seuss classic, a 12-year-old boy searches for the one thing that will enable him to win the affection of the girl of his dreams. To find it he must discover the story of a mysterious character, the grumpy yet charming creature who fights to protect his world.
- November 14, 3:30pm - Cinderella
- November 19, 5pm - Follow a misfit band of pirates as they experience adventures on the high seas while competing for the Pirate of the Year Award!
- Sept. 12, 3:30pm - South Oxnard Branch Library Computer Center, 4300 Saviers Road
- Sept. 20, 4 pm - Colonia Branch in Room 21, 1500 Camino del Sol #26
- Nov. 14, 3:30pm - South Oxnard Branch Library Computer Center, 4300 Saviers Road
- Nov. 19, 5pm - Main Library Meeting Room B, 251 South 'A' StreetWhen: 4:00 PM (see specific dates and times and locations)Who: all agesHow: just show upCost: free
Where: Simi Valley Town CenterWhen: see descriptionWho: various agesHow: just show upCost: free
Friday, September 21 through Sunday, September 23 - Damn Yankees at the Simi Valley Cultural Arts Center
Where: Simi Valley Cultural Arts Center, 3050 Los Angeles AveWhen: Recurs Fri-Sundays thru Oct 8th/ Fridays and Saturdays at 8pm and Sundays 2pmWho: all agesHow: buy a ticketCost:For more info: http://www.simi-arts.org/EventDetail.aspx?m=cs&eid=207
Where: Art Trek 703 Rancho Conejo Blvd in Newbury ParkWhen: 5:30 PM - 9:00 PMWho: all ages are welcome. Children under 12 must be accompanied by an adult - and believe me you will want to join your children for the fun. Teens are joining in the creativity and returning the following month, with friends! These evenings provide a wonderful and affordable family event. Refreshments are also available at a modest price. -How: just show upCost: $5 ppFor more info: http://arttrek.org/Art_Trek/$5_FRIDAYS.html
- LOWE'S OF OXNARD, 301 WEST GONZALES ROAD, OXNARD
- LOWE'S OF CENTRAL VENTURA, 500 SOUTH MILLS ROADWhen: 10:00 AMWho: age 5+How: you need to preregister at http://lowesbuildandgrow.com/pages/default.aspxCost: freeFor more info: Full Event Schedule
Where:Oxnard Tennis Center located at 801 Hobson Way, the Oxnard Tennis Center is the only full service tennis club in the City of Oxnard.When: 11:30 AM - 12:30 PMWho: anyone interested in TennisHow: Call 483-2600 for free reservation.Cost: free tennis clinic
Where: 1251 Las Posas Road, CamarilloWhen: 4:30 PM - 7:30 PMWho: all agesHow: pay admissionCost:
- $15 adults
- $12 Seniors
- Kids 10 and younger $10
Where:Camarillo Community Center.When: 6:00 PMWho: all agesHow: For tickets, call 805 -482-5557Cost:Tickets are $25 for adults, and $15 for kids 2-12 years old (under 2 are free).
Where: CLU Samuelson Chapel, 60 W Olsen Rd, Thousand OaksWhen: 7:00 PMWho: all agesHow: just show upCost: freeFor more info: http://www.callutheran.edu/calendar/event/2802
Where: Moorpark College, 7974 Campus RdWhen: 8:00 PM - 10:00 PMWho: all agesHow: just show upCost: free
Sunday, September 23 - The 13th Annual Camarillo-Somis Pleasant Valley Lions Club and Ventura County Sheriff's K9 Unit 10K, 5K and 1K
Where: Camarillo Ranch, 201 Camarillo Ranch Road in CamarilloWhen: 8:00 AMWho: all agesHow: pre register HERECost:
- 10K & 5K $30.00
- 1K $20.00For more info: www.pvlions.org
Where: University High School in West Los Angeles at 11800 Texas Avenue, Los AngelesWhen: 10:00 AMWho: all agesHow: Buy tickets online hereCost:
Pre-sale tickets are available at the cost of $5; on-site admission will be $8. AFor more info: http://www.zamfest.com/
Where: Olivas Adobe, 4200 Olivas Parkway, VenturaWhen: 11:00 AM - 3:00 PMWho: all agesHow: just show upCost:
- $3 age 12 and up
- $1 age 4-11
- Under 4 free
Where: Camarillo Pubic LibraryWhen: 4:00 PM - 5:30 PMWho: teens 12-18How: just show upCost: free
Where: Camarillo Public LibraryWhen: 6:30 PM (in the Community Room.)Who: Teens and adults (This is part of the libraries adult programming so teens who attend need to be on the mature side). For Rated R movies, they need to be 17 or older or accompanied by a parent.How: just show upCost: free admission
Where: Skyhigh Sports at 166 Aviador St, Camarillo, CA 93010When: 7:00 PM - 10:00 PMWho: all ages, but because of the late hour its for teens and adultsHow: pay admission fee and sign a waiverCost: $7 per hour
Where: Marjorie Luke Theatre, 721 East Cota Street, Santa Barbara, CA 93103When: 7:30 PM - 9:30 PMWho: teens interested in Duke University,Georgetown University, Harvard University, the University of Pennsylvania, and Stanford UniversityHow: just register hereCost: freeFor more info: http://www.exploringcollegeoptions.org/
Where: Ojai Art Center, 113 S Montgomery St, OjaiWhen: Fri and Sat 8pm and Sun 7pmWho: teens and adultsHow: buy a ticket HERECost: Generals seating is $18 and $15 for studentsFor more info: http://www.ojaiact.org/
Where:Skating Plus - 1720 Mesa Verde Ave. Ventura, Ca 93003 - (805) 656-2121When: 7:00 PM - 11:30 PMWho: all ages but Teens because of the late hourHow: pay admission and bring your own skates or rent some for an additional feeCost: $8 pp per session, Quad Roller Skate Rental $2.50 each, Inline Skate Rental $4.00 each
Where: The FORUM at Moorpark College, 7075 Campus Road, Moorpark, CA 93021When: 7:15 PMWho: teens and adults, the public is invited to this meetingHow: just show upCost: free meeting
Where: Skyhigh Sports at 166 Aviador St, Camarillo, CA 93010When: 8:30 PM - 11:00 PMWho: age 13+How: pay admission fee and sign a waiverCost: $15 for 3 hours
Where: Me N Ed's in Moorpark located at 144 East Los Angeles Avenue, on the corner of W. Los Angeles Ave. & Moorpark Ave., behind Walgreens.When: 9:00 PM - 11:59 PMWho: Moorpark & surrounding High Schools age 14-18How: Dress to impressCost: Wristbands are $10 (includes a slice of pizza & drink!) and will be available at the door.For more info: http://www.facebook.com/MoorparkJumpOff
Where: Cafeteria of Adolfo Camarillo High SchoolWhen: 9:00 AM - 1:00 PM (Mock SAT 9/22 and Mock ACT 9/29)Who: teens looking to practice for the SAT and Act testsHow: To sign up, please call 877-REV-PREP or go online to www.revolutionprep.com.Cost: $15 for each test – 100% of the proceeds benefit the Camarillo High School PTSA.For more info:Please call 877-738-7737 or visit www.revolutionprep.com
Saturday, September 22 - Camarillo Public Library: Family Fitness presented by the Ventura County Health Services (TEENS)
Where: Camarillo Public LibraryWhen: 2:00 PMWho:Teens and adults (This is part of the libraries adult programming so teens who attend need to be on the mature side).How: just show upCost: free
Where: Freedom Park Roller Hockey Rink (528 Freedom Park Drive)When: 6:00 PM - 9:00 PM (Recurs on 10/20)Who:Are you in middle school? Are you looking for something new and fun to do on a Saturday night? This event is for grades 6-8 and you must show student ID.How:
- Pay fee and bring school ID
- Need a ride? Pre register for transportation at the Boys and Girls Club of Camarillo.Cost: Your $3 admission includes one concession item. Roller and Inline skates only please. Rentals available while supplies last.For more info: Find out more at http://www.pvrpd.org/recreation/sports/hockey.asp
Where: South Oxnard Branch Library Computer Center, 4300 Saviers RoadWhen: 4:00 PM - 5:30 PM (Recurs on 10/29)Who: teensHow: just show upCost: free
Where: Ventura Family YMCAWhen: 6:00 PMWho: teens in 9th-12th gradesHow: email [email protected] with any questions.
Where: Camarillo Community CenterWhen: 3:30 PM - 5:00 PMWho: kids in K-12How: just show upCost: free
Where: Ventura County Fairgrounds, Anacapa Hall, enter through Main Gate (10 W. Harbor Blvd. Ventura, CA 93001)When: 9/27-9/28 7:30pm and 9/29 1:30pm,4:30pm,7:30pm and 9/30 12:30pm, 3:30pm, 6:30pm and 10/1 6:30pmHow: buy a ticket at http://www.circusvargas.org/For more info: Tickets and show times at www.circusvargas.com or 877-GOTFUN-1 (877-468-3861).
Friday, September 28 through Sunday, September 30 - Disney’s Phineas and Ferb: The Best LIVE Tour Ever!
- Fred Kavli Theatre at Thousand Oaks Civic Arts Plaza - 2100 Thousand Oaks Blvd, Thousand Oaks, CA 91362
- Long Beach Terrace Theater - 300 E Ocean Blvd, Long Beach, CA 90802-4825When: 9/28 4pm and 7pm in Thousand Oaks or 9/29 1pm and 4pm in Long Beach or 9/30 1:30pm in Long BeachCost:Tickets start at $20 and go up to $65. Tickets are on sale now HEREFor more info: www.PhineasAndFerbLive.com
Where: Los Angeles at Club Nokia (800 West Olympic Blvd, Suite A335)When: 11:30am and 2:30pmWho: preschoolers or anyone who loves The Doddlebops or CaillouHow: To buy your tickets now click HERECost: Tickets start at $21.25 to $30.50 plus feesFor more info: For more information on the show go to the shows website
Where: Port HuenemeWhen: 11:00 AM - 6:00 PMWho: all agesCost: free admissionFor more info: www.BananaPortFest.com
Where: ArtBarn, 856 E Thompson in VenturaWhen: 1:00 PM - 4:00 PMWho: kids age 7+ both hearing and deaf childrenHow: contact Emily Bogner (818) 624-5696 or [email protected] to RSVPCost: FREE but you must RSVP to attendFor more info: Here is the info I received from Emily about the event: I’m completing my Girl Scout Gold Award here in Ventura County at Kids’Arts/ArtBarn. My project is an art class bringing deaf and hearing children together for a fun and creative afternoon. My goal is to help bring kids together and enjoy creating, playing and learning in this safe, supportive setting. It will be an all day event where the families are welcomed to come as well.
Where: Camarillo Community Center ParkWhen: 11:00 AM - 4:00 PMWho: all agesCost: freeFor more info: www.kidfestcamarillo.us
Where: 418 W 4th Street in oxnardWhen: 1:00 PM - 5:00 PMWho: all agesHow: just show upCost: suggested donations start at $25For more info: http://www.gullwings.org/2012/09/bird-on-the-roof/
Where: Ventura County Fairgrounds Seaside Park (10 West Harbor Road, Ventura)When: Hours are 10 a.m. to 6 p.m on Fri/Sat and 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Sunday.Who: all agesCost: Admission is $9 for adults, $4 ages 13-17, $7 ages 62+. Ages 12 and under are free with an adult. One ticket is good for all 3 days. Bring three can goods for donation to FOOD Share and receive $2 off one adult admission.For more info: www.harvestfestival.com/visitors/Shows/Ventura/Index.aspx
Where: Plaza Park, in the heart of the City of Oxnard (5th and B Streets)When: 10:00 AM - 6:00 PMWho: all agesCost: free admissionFor more info: http://www.oxnardnews.org/multiculturalfestival
Where: Ventura Unified School District's Education Service Center at 255 W Stanley Ave, VenturaWhen: 9:00 AM - 3:00 PMHow: just show upCost: free admissionFor more info: http://www.vep4vusd.org/
- Opening Ceremony: 10:00am
- Survivor Lap: 10:15am
- Fight Back: 9:30am
- Luminaria Ceremony: 9:00pm
- Closing Ceremony: 10:00am
Where: Camarillo High SchoolWhen: 10:00 AM - 10:00 AMWho: all agesHow:
- Just show up to watch.
- CLICK HERE for more information and to register.Cost:Free admission
- Parade starts at the corner of Las Posas and Temple and ends at Community Center Park. This year's Grand Marshal is 2004 Olympic Gold Medalist Jessica Mendoza.
- HO HO HO! Kick off the Holiday Season at the Santa's Village Holiday Carnival at Community Center Park (1605 E Burnley St).When: Parade starts at 10am, Santa's Village is open from 9am to 4pmWho:all agesHow:
- To sign up for parade click HERE
- Join us after the Christmas Parade for Live Music, Carnival Games, Kid's Crafts, Inflatable Attractions, Arts & Craft Booths, Food Vendors & more! Visits with Santa from 1:30-4pm.Cost: free admission
In The Paws For Reading Program And Pledge To Read At Home 20 Minutes Each Day
For every 20 minutes a child reads and logs, a free book will be donated to a child in need—with up to 250,000 books donated to Scholastic Book Clubs' Classrooms Care literacy partners including Paws ...
A Review, A Giveaway and A Macaroni Kid Discount to Save 10% on Your Order
A few weeks ago I found on Facebook a company that makes "Safety Tattoos", the company SafetyTats has some really great products, that ...
Students Worldwide Have an Opportunity to Name an Asteroid
The competition is open to students under age 18 from anywhere in the world. Each contestant can submit one name, up to 16 characters long. Entries must include a short explanation and rationale for the name. Submissions must be made by an adult on behalf of the student. The contest deadline is Sunday ...
New Guide to Nature Play Spaces™ at Home for Parents and Caregivers
Nature Play at Home: A Guide for Boosting Children’s Healthy Development and Creativity shows parents and caregivers how they can turn an uninspired outdoor environment into an entertaining and exciting ...
iPad, iPhone and iTouch App Teaches Preschool-Age Children Graphical & Engaging Basic Science
The app is Compatible with iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad, and requires iOS 3.1 or later. To download the app go to http://itunes.apple.com/app/gazziliscience/id551314185. (The cost for the app is $1.99)
Users are encouraged to ...
Get The Why's and The Traditions of The Jewish New Year
If you want to learn more about this holiday, you have come to the right place. Traditionally, Rosh Hashanah is celebrated with prayer, blowing of the Shofar (a Ram's Horn), holiday meals with some special foods and a Tashlich or Casting Off of Sins Cermony.
In Honor of the Banana Festival on September 29th, Some Banana Fun and Games
In The No Kid Hungry Fundraiser at Local Restaurants Offering Special Deals To Donate!
Each restaurant ...
Help Local Groups By Eating Out During the Week
Fundraisers for September:
- Family Fun Night at El Tecolote - Tue. Sept. 18th from 5pm to 9 pm (READ MORE FOR THE FLYER)
- Fundraising Night for Las Colinas at Jersey Mike's, September 18th - 4pm to 9pm. To download the schools flyer click HERE and print and hand to the cashier.
- FOODSHARE Fundraiser at Coffee Bean and ...
News and Info For Teachers of Events and Information to Sign Up For
- Brain Quest & Monthly Teacher Awards
- Raytheon EiE Teacher Scholarship Contest
- Camarillo Public Library Educator's Open House
At Port Hueneme and Point Mugu
These events are only for Military families, DOD employees and families with base access.
CAR SEAT SAFETY CHECK
A Child Safety Seat Check will be held at NBVC Point Mugu on Friday, Sept. 21 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., at the Point Restaurant Bldg-115 parking lot on the corner of North Mugu rd and Frontage rd.The event is open to all military, dependents and DoD civil service personnel at NBVC.Please bring a child safety seat, child (if possible), child safety seat manual and vechicle manual.For more information, please call Beverly Maxion at 805-989-9295.
BUDGET FOR BABY CLASS
$100 worth of baby items for free! Learn how to budget. October 9 from 6-7. Call 805-982-4409 to sign up or for more information.
OTHER CLASSES FOR MOMS & KIDS
- Playtime for Toddlers: An interactive parent-toddler playgroup for babies 15-36 months. Thursdays, 10 to 11 a.m. Call 982-5037 for location.
- New Mamas: For expecting mamas and mamas with babies 015 months old. Information, education and support. Wednesdays, 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
- Yoga Mamas: For expecting and new mamas. a gentle stretch. Tuesdays, 12:30 to 1:45 p.m., Bee Fit Center.
- Newborn 411: Information & support for parents of newborns 0-16 weeks. Wednesdays, 10:30 to 11:30 a.m.. Please feel free to drop-in.
- Parents Support Network for Exceptional Family Member: Meet with other EFMP families and share resources. Meets second Wednesday of every month. Please call for location, 982-3159.
- Exceptional Family Member (EFMP) Overview: Come learn about the program and how it can benefit you and your family. Wed., Sept. 18, 11 a.m. to noon.
FREE FOOD DISTRIBUTION
Saturday, Sept. 22, 9 a.m. to 2 p.m., Bldg. 19, near the Pleasant Valley Gate on NBVC Port Hueneme. Food items vary from month to month. Requirements: Active duty E-6 and below or their spouses; bring an LES and only one issue per family. E-7 with two or more dependents may qualify. Income guideline statement available at distribution site. Custodian of a child who is a family member of active duty personnel on deployment.
FOR MILITARY OLD TOWN MUSICFEST IS FREE
For all active military, mark your calendars 9-22-12, Camarillo's Old Town Musicfest at the old Los Primeros school site 2222 E Ventura Blvd in Camarillo's Old Town are extending "free" festival seating for all active military, with proper military ID. The festival will feature the E Family featuring Sheila E, The J and Peter Michael Escovedo(8pm); 2011 American Idol semi-finalist Kendra Chantelle(6pm) and Alastair Greene(3:30pm). Come enjoy the music, beer and wine garden, gourmet food trucks and inspiring art exhibit. visit www.oldtownmusicfest.com more details.
Sunday, September 30 -12pm to 3pm - The purpose of Military Family Appreciation Day is to provide service members and their families with an opportunity to enjoy good food, company, entertainment and receive recognition for the sacrifice made by military families – a sacrifice which often goes unnoticed. Live Entertainment (Music Donated by The Coveralls), Activities for Families and Children, Oxnard’s Gull Wing Museum Booth, Vendors from several non-profits serving Miltary Families, Presentation of Certificates of Recognition from Senator Tony Strickland and Assemblyman Jeff Gorell. The event takes place at the Commemorative Air Force WW2 Museum, 445 Aviation Drive, Camarillo, CA 93010 and is free. You mus pre-register at http://www.military-families.org/ .
This year the Haunted Swamp is going to be a Haunted Maze. This event will be only one night only on Friday October 26th (rain Date is Oct 27th) and be for Military only. It will be behind the Aquatics Center at Pt. Hueneme in the large lot and will feature a maze made out of hay bales. In addition to the maze there will also be a carnival with games, face painting and cotton candy. The cost is $5 for military and $8 for DOD civilians and contractors. The event will close at 10pm.
PLAN AHEAD & SAVE THE DATE
- 10/26 Haunted Maze at Seabreeze Aquatics - NBVC Port Hueneme
- 10/26 2nd Annual Chili Cookoff 11am to 1pm
- 11/15 Turkey Trot 5K - NBVC Port Hueneme
- 12/15 Winter Wonderland at CYP - NBVC Port Hueneme
© 2013 Macaroni Kid, LLC