The 137th Ventura County Fair, themed "Rides, Ribbons & Rodeos" will be held August 1st through August 12th at the Ventura County Fairgrounds, at 10 W. Harbor Boulevard in Ventura. This is one of the top events in Ventura County and it is a can't miss event for families.
The fair features arts, crafts, food, exhibits, displays, demonstrations, farm animals, petting zoo, carnival rides, games and entertainment and each night the fair closes with a fireworks show.
During the Fair, Ventura County kids celebrate with the showcasing of their art, crafts, culinary skills and school projects. While most entries are submitted several weeks before the fair in order to ensure that the fair judges have time to see every single entry, and that all entries are on display for the fair, there are contests and competitions which take place after the start of the Fair.
COMEPETITIONS DURING THE FAIR
- New this year is the “Scarecrow Competition”. The goal of this competition is to design and build a scarecrow. Entries will be judged based upon creativity, suitability for a garden, and craftsmanship. This contest is open to both individuals and groups- so enter solo or make it a family project! Bring in your completed scarecrow on Youth Day, Friday, August 3rd between 1:00 and 3:00 pm.
- The famous “Glue-A-Shoe” competition returns this year. Decorate an old sneaker, sandal, or slipper- the choice is yours, so be creative! To compete, bring your decorated shoe to the Youth Expo on Wednesday, August 1st or Wednesday, August 8th between 11:00 am and 1:00 pm, and winners will be announced at 3:00 pm on these dates.
- Have you ever dreamed of being an inventor? If so, enter the “Farm Derby Competition”. The goal of this competition is to design and build a functioning, non-motorized farm vehicle to transport “produce” (a lemon) from the “farmer’s orchard to the packing plant”. The winning vehicle in each age division is the one that can safely transport its produce the furthest distance from the top of the orchard (wooden ramp), down a hill and across the farm field (stage) to reach the packing plant at the far end of farm. This competition occurs on Youth Day, Friday, August 3rd with check-in beginning at 11:30 am. The competition will begin at noon. So grab your Legos, Knex, and Tinker Toys and start building your vehicle!
GENERAL ADMISSION PRICES (at the gate)
- Adults 13 & older - $12.00
- Children 6-12 - $9.00
- Seniors 62 & older - $9.00
- Children 5 & under and Super Seniors (100 years & older) - Free
- Carnival Midway Tickets - Rides take on average 4 tickets, 75 cents per ticket, sheet of 14 tickets $10.00, sheet of 30 tickets $20.00. However you can purchase 50 ride tickets for $20 plus a small fee ONLINE until 7/31.
CARNIVAL WRISTBAND DAYS (
Good for unlimited carnival rides until 7PM (Does not include Fair admission) )
- Thursday, August 2
- Monday, August 6
- Tuesday, August 7
- Thursday, August 9
- Purchase from opening until 6PM and they must be redeemed by 6pm and they expire at 7pm.
- They cost $25 each for unlimited carnival rides.
- The Fair will open at 11am during the week except on Seniors & Persons with Disabilities Day (Tuesday, August 7) when it will open at 10am
- Saturdays and Sundays and on August 7th the Fair opens up at 10am.
- All exhibits close at 10pm; Commercial exhibits open until 11pm on Saturday & Sunday ONLY.
- The Fair takes admissions until 10 p.m.
- The Fair closes at 11 p.m.
- Carnival closes between 11pm and midnight.
- To download the fair schedule in a PDF click HERE.
FAIR SPECIAL ADMISSION DAYS
for more information)
- August 1 - Dollar Day - Entry is $1 until 3 PM
- August 2 - Fair Cares Food Drive - Purchase an adult ticket and donate 5 cans of food to Food Share before 3 PM and receive a free return fair ticket, valid Mon-Thurs only
- August 3 - Youth Day - Children 12 and under are admitted free all day
- August 7 - Seniors and Persons with Disabilities Day - Seniors and persons with disabilities admitted free all day. For this special day Gates open at 10 AM.
- August 8 - "$3 Before 3" Day - Arrive before 3 PM and admission is only $3
- August 9 - Military Appreciation Day - Military with current, valid ID admitted free all day
- August 2, 6, 7 & 9 - Carnival Wristband Day - Wristbands are sold from 11am-6pm for $25. Good for unlimited carnival rides until 7 PM! (Does not include Fair admission)
2012 FAIR ENTERTAINMENT (
Grandstand Concerts and Rodeo are FREE with Fair Admission, Motorsports requires an additional ticket.) Click HERE
for more information.
- Motor Sports August 1 & 2 6pm
- Bret Michaels Get Your Rock On 2012 Friday, August 3 7:30pm
- Joan Jett and the Blackhearts Saturday, August 4 7:30pm
- Grupo Pesado Sunday, August 5 3pm
- Lupillo Rivera Sunday, August 5 3pm
- Banda Machos Sunday, August 5 3pm
- Creed Monday, August 6 7:30pm
- Frankie Avalon Tuesday, August 7 1pm
- Big Bad Voodoo Daddy Tuesday, August 7 7:30pm
- Cobra Starship Wednesday, August 8 7:30pm
- This is She Wednesday, August 8 7:30pm
- Martina McBride Thursday, August 9 7:30pm
- Boyz II Men Friday, August 10 7:30pm
- En Vogue Friday, August 10 7:30pm
- P.R.C.A. Rodeo August 11 & 12 2pm and 7pm
Visit the fair online at http://venturacountyfair.org
the fair on Facebook or FOLLOW
them on Twitter