June 9, 2013
June 9, 2013
- MACARONI NEWS
- 2013 SUMMER CAMP GUIDE
- SUMMER CAMPS AT MY GYM VENTURA
- MASSAGE ENVY THE PERFECT GIFT THIS FATHERS DAY
- TICKETS NOW ON SALE WITH A MOM SPECIAL DISCOUNT
- CHANNEL ISLANDS HARBOR MARINAFEST JUNE 15 & 16
- ROADSHOW REVIVAL RETURNS TO VENTURA ON JUNE 15
- VENTURA OLIVAS ABODE CELEBRATES FAMILY DAY
- CALIFORNIA HONEY HARVEST FESTIVAL & BBQ CONTEST
- JUNIOR EXPLORER PROGRAM AT LAKE CASITAS
- MACARONI TEENS:DISNEY'S CHANNEL SEEKS TEENS 11-17
- This Week's Picks
- This Week's Calendar
- Teen Scene
- Plan Ahead
- 1ST ANNUAL MILITARY SALSA FESTIVAL
- HISTORY DAY IN SIMI VALLEY
- DA VINCI -THE GENIUS EXHIBIT NOW OPEN IN SANTA ANA
- MACARONI MOVIES: MY LITTLE PONY EQUESTRIA GIRLS
- MACARONI DAYS:JUNE'S NATIONAL ZOO & AQUARIUM MONTH
- MACARONI READS: PBS KIDS FREE SUMMER RESOURCES
- MACARONI READS: THE PERFECT FATHER'S DAY STORY
- MACARONI TV: DISNEY JR CELEBRATES SUMMER
- MACARONI TECH: GET THE MEEGENIUS APP
- MACARONI FUN N' GAMES: UNO & FRIENDS
- MACARONI MENU: STRAWBERRY UPSIDE DOWN CAKE
- MACARONI MILITARY:PT HUENEME & PT MUGU FAMILIES
Celebrate Father’s Day for FREE at the Olivas Adobe
By: Sharon Rosenthal, www.camarillo.macaronikid.com
Bring Dad and the whole family and learn from Olivas Adobe Historical Interpreters how to rope a steer, track an animal, create an adobe brick and discover more about California’s “Rancho” period in history this Father's Day at the Olivas Abode in Ventura at 4200 Olivas Park Drive.
Part of the periodic Olivas Adobe Family Sundays series, this FREE family friendly event will cover historic aspects of adobe living. It’s also your last chance to see the new brood of Great Horned Owls as they fledge and take flight. Costumed Junior Docents lead tours of the adobe.
Free admission but a donation of a non-perishable item for Food Share would be appreciated.
The Olivas Abode is Ventura County's only remaining Monterey-style adobe home from the Rancho era - California Historical Landmark No. 115 that was placed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1979. The location celebrates Ventura’s Rancho and Latino heritage .
Visitors may experience the expansive adobe home and courtyard built between 1847-49 by wealthy Don Raymundo Olivas on his 4,700-acre Rancho San Miguel with grounds open daily (free) and house open for tours Saturdays & Sundays, 11 am-4 pm or by arrangement. Purchase tickets in the gift shop: $5/adult, $3/child/ senior.
For more information on the Olivas Abode visit http://www.cityofventura.net/olivasadobe
For more information on this event visit http://www.cityofventura.net/olivasevents
© 2013 Macaroni Kid, LLC