Winners will be selected for art and poetry in each of the grade categories; winners will receive a $100 gift certificate to an art supply store or bookstore. Each winner’s teacher (named on the Entry Form) will receive a $50 gift certificate for educational supplies from Acorn Naturalists. In addition, multiple honorable mentions may be selected.
Please use the online entry process if possible. If digital upload of entries causes a hardship, they can be mailed to
California Coastal Commission
455 Market Street, Suite 228
San Francisco, CA 94501
- Print out and complete a paper entry form in English for each entry.
- Poems should be printed on the back of the completed Entry Form (preferred) or stapled to the Entry Form.
- Attach completed Entry Form and a short Artist's Statement about the inspiration for the artwork to the back of each piece of artwork with glue or tape.
- Do not fold art or use paperclips or staples.
- Mailed entries must arrive at the Coastal Commission no later than February 1st.
- Multiple entries (whether from one student or from a group) can be sent in one package, but each entry must have its own entry form attached.
Learn more about the contest at https://www.coastal.ca.gov/art-poetry/