New Year's Eve, also known as Old Year's Day or Saint Sylvester's Day is celebrated on the last day of the year, December 31. We usually celebrate with a family celebration and my kids love opening poppers. Here are some poppers you can make with the kids and then use them to celebrate!
What You Need
- Empty toilet paper rolls
- any festive wrapping paper or tissue paper
- scissors or craft knife
- Candy, trinkets, Mardi Gras beads, crayons, anything to fill up the poppers
How To Make Your Own Poppers
- Start by measuring out enough wrapping paper to cover the roll but also leave extra on the ends to tie up with ribbon. (see photo)
- Next, cut the roll in half almost completely, but leave a small area attached (as seen in photo). Cutting will make it easier to rip open the popper when it's covered.
- Cover the roll and tie up one end with ribbon.
- Fill the roll with candy, etc.
- Tie up the other end.
- Give them out as a party favor along with noise makers!