Mountain High Resorts in Wrightwood kicked off the 20/21 Winter Season last month with thousands of happy guests excited for their return to the snow. The Season was cut short last Winter as Coronavirus closed local resorts just as the powder was pilling up. Now, as areas reopen, they are issuing new mandates for safe & acceptable use of the mountain.
As part of a new limited ticket policy, only 1,000 guests were allowed on the mountain at any one time. This number will increase as Mountain High opens more terrain. Other COVID safety precautions include:
- Wearing a face mask.
- Practice physical distancing.
- Stay with your group.
- Sanitize often.
Guests must now reserve all tickets, lessons, and rentals in advance. Tickets, lessons, and rentals are not sold at the resort this year and must be purchased early, sometimes as much as 72 hours in advance at https://shop.mthigh.com/reservations
Operating hours are 9am-4pm on weekdays and 8:30am-4pm on weekends. Night skiing is open 5 nights a week in December.
- Guests should be prepared to for outdoor experience this winter – no matter the conditions.
- Lodges are available for restrooms, retail, and grab n go food only.
- Mountain High is also operating cashless this winter so be sure to bring your credit card or ATM.
YETI SNOW PLAY AREA
The Yeti's Snow Play is OPEN 7 days a week from 12/19 - 1/3 then weekends & holidays through mid-March. Slide down the tubing lanes, crawl through the snow tunnels, or meet the Yeti and his friends. Remember to dress warmly, bring your gloves, and wear your facemask. Please note there is a $20 parking fee and snow play is $30-79.
- A ticket is necessary to be on the snow.
- Attendance will be limited.
- Please arrive early for the best experience.
- Retail is open from 10am-3pm.
- Grab & Go Food is available in the base lodge.
For up-to-the-minute details and helpful tips, go to https://www.mthigh.com/