Cold and flu season always puts me on edge, just waiting for one of my children to get sick. Add in a pandemic and boy am I on edge everytime I hear a little cough or sniffle. I know all parents can relate to this feeling.
We’re stressed, tired and quite frankly, worried.This cold and flu season more than ever I am really focusing on my family’s nutrition in an effort to do my best to keep them healthy. It’s a proven fact that proper nourishment can help to ward off illnesses and help you to bounce back faster when they do inevitably hit.
I’m packing my kids full of as many fresh fruits and vegetables as I can, but as all parents know, there’s only so much you can do and kids want snacks. All the snacks. So many snacks. What’s a mom to do when she wants to feed her kids wholesome snacks that will boost their immune system? I’m going to let you in on my secret… every week during my Wal-Mart grocery pickup I add a few boxes of Slammers’ new Wellmune® pouches to my order.
On a mission to support our kids’ immune systems at a time when they need it most, Slammers just launched a line of organic crushed superfood snacks with Wellmune, an immunity ingredient.
Here’s why the mom in me loves feeding Slammers with Wellmune to my family:
- The pouches are organic and packed full of crushed superfoods. Slammers with Wellmune are also gluten, nut and dairy free.
- Wellmune is a leading science-based natural beta glucan derived from baker’s yeast, clinically shown to help strengthen the immune system. Something we all need right now.
- My kids know the pouches are healthy, but they still think they’re getting a ‘cool’ snack. I appreciate that they are combining their love for snacking with fuel for their bodies and immunity support.
Here’s why my kids love Slammers with Wellmune:
- Simply put, they taste great. The crushed superfood pouches are available in three flavors: Strawberry & Acai (Awesome), Blueberry & Yumberry (Chill’N) and Orange Mango (Epic).
- They are easy to grab as a snack during virtual learning breaks, add to lunch boxes or to fuel up with before heading out to play.
- Made for school aged kids, they don’t look like the pouches that are for (in their words) ‘babies.’ The color of the pouches and the names of the flavors are designed with big kids in mind.
Now you have my secret to feeding my kids wholesome fun to eat snacks that will strengthen their immunity and fuel their active bodies. Feel free to tell all the parents you know, just don’t tell my kids how good Slammers with Wellmune really are for them. Let’s keep that between us.
Family owned and co-founded by sisters Jen Carlson and Jill Vos, Slammers with Wellmune can be found in the applesauce aisle at Walmart or by added to your Walmart grocery pickup order with a simple tap.
The author of this post, Amy Ghiglieri, Publisher, Macaroni Kid Westminster-Carroll, was provided with a complimentary product and compensation for the purpose of this review. As always, opinions are 100% her own.